Our mission is “to put a green alive carpet on Barcelona, made of vegetables, flowers, grasses and shrubs, so that from the sky, the roofs are not concrete but a huge park, divided into blocks, which have their own personalities”
Thus began our concept “Veg gardens to Heaven”; a pioneer project that is the first step to bring Barcelona to self-consumption of healthy and ecologically produced food on the roofs of your building.
The benefits are numerous:
- Lower energy costs during winter and summer (the building is kept warm in winter and shaded in the hot summers).
- Social benefits in sharing and / or collaborating on a green space with your neighbors.
- Lower costs in the medium term of fresh vegetables for residents.
- Better health for the quality of vegetables.
- Environmental benefits including improved air quality.